Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jammin' With Giovanni Hidalgo!

I had an incredible stroke of luck this afternoon to have the great conga player Giovanni Hidalgo, one of the best drummers in the history of the universe, put on a workshop 5 blocks from my house.  I got to play with him on stage, man, having Giovanni watching me play was very thrilling.  I have been studying his techiniques for years and to be sitting there in front of this legend listening to me play was so exciting!  He told me that I am a doing really good and can see all of the practice I have been doing.  I can't tell you how good that made me feel.  From the legend's own mouth!  Extraordinary!

If you do not know who Giovanni Hidalgo is, please take 4 minutes and watch this master at work.  Every hand drummer must pay homage to this man as he revolutionized its playing.


1 comment: